Layered Baked Ziti Casserole Recipe: This Easy Baked Ziti Recipe Only Looks Complicated by 30Seconds Food
If you want to get fancy, layer the ziti all facing the same way when you assemble this baked ziti casserole recipe (like the photo). If you're not feeling fancy, don't. It'll taste just as amazing. You could easily cut this recipe in half for small families.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 16 ounces ziti, cooked according to package directions for al dente
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage (or remove casings from link sausage)
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (6 ounces) sliced provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the ground beef, sausage, onion and garlic. Cook until meat is browned. Add the spaghetti sauce.
- In a 13x9-inch baking pan, layer half of the ziti. Top with the provolone, sour cream and ricotta. Top with half of the meat sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add another layer of ziti, then the mozzarella, remaining meat sauce and end with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.