Layered Baked Ziti Casserole Recipe Only Looks Complicated (It's Easy) by 30Seconds Food
Baked ziti is a classic Italian recipe. The popular casserole recipe typically as a meat like ground beef or Italian sausage, cheese and a tomato-based sauce. This layered baked ziti casserole recipe is no exception!
If you want to get fancy, layer the ziti all facing the same way when you assemble this baked ziti casserole recipe (like the photo). If you're not feeling fancy, don't. This baked pasta recipe will taste just as amazing. You could easily cut this baked ziti recipe in half for small families.
Serve this easy ziti casserole with a Caesar salad, garden salad or caprese salad. We love these caprese salad skewers and eggless Caesar salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 16 ounces ziti, cooked according to package directions for al dente
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage (or remove casings from link sausage)
- 2 jars (23 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (6 ounces) sliced provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the ground beef, sausage, onion and garlic. Cook until meat is browned. Add the spaghetti sauce.
- In a 13x9-inch baking pan, layer half of the ziti. Top with the provolone, sour cream and ricotta. Top with half of the meat sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add another layer of ziti, then the mozzarella, remaining meat sauce and end with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Ziti $1 & Up
Spaghetti Sauce $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.