Best Ways to Serve Waffles, Sweet Edition: 30 Creative Ideas for Decadent Dessert Waffles by 30Seconds Food
Waffles are perfect for breakfast, but when you throw something sweet on top, they become decadent desserts, too. Here are 30 ways to turn that basic waffle batter recipe into creative and amazing desserts:
1. Waffle Cookies: Make heart-shaped or round waffles. Cut out the center of one of them. Spread a thick layer of your favorite jam or fruit preserves on the whole waffle and top with cut-out waffle to make a "cookie."
2. Chocolate Waffles With Fruit: Top chocolate waffles with fresh berries (blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.). Dust with powdered sugar if you feel so inclined.
3. Cherry S'mores Waffles: Spread cherry preserves or pie filling on a waffle, and top with marshmallows, chocolate sauce and graham cracker crumbs.
4. Apple & Peanut Butter Waffles: Spread waffles with all-natural peanut butter and top with fresh apples slices.
5. Whopper Waffles: Those round malted candy balls are the perfect size for the waffles holes. Dust waffles with powdered sugar, drizzle on caramel sauce and chocolate sauce, and then top with malted candy balls.
6. Peaches 'n' Cream Waffles: Fresh peaches and homemade whipped cream are right at home on a waffle. Serve with honey or maple syrup.
7. Dark Chocolate & Berries Waffles: Make a homemade berry compote for those waffles, then add dark chocolate chips. OMG.
8. Nutella & Banana Waffles: Spread a layer of Nutella or your favorite hazelnut spread on a waffle, then add fresh sliced bananas and some chocolate sauce.
9. Cinnamon Waffles With Fried Apples: Add cinnamon to your basic waffle batter recipe, and then sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the cooked waffle (cinnamon overload!). Top with powdered sugar and either fresh apple slices or fried apples.
10. Yogurt, Honey & Granola Waffles: Yogurt and waffles may be an unlikely pair, but it works. Try plain or different flavors of yogurt to change it up.
11. Bananas Foster Waffles: Top waffles with fresh bananas, caramel sauce and chopped walnuts. You could also cook the bananas in butter, cinnamon, vanilla and brown sugar.
12. Ice Cream Waffles: Top warm waffles with scoops of your favorite ice cream. Whipped cream wouldn't be frowned upon either.
13. Vanilla Yogurt & Blueberry Waffles: Spoon vanilla yogurt over waffles and top with fresh blueberries.
14. White Chocolate Waffles With Ice Cream: Generously drizzle white chocolate sauce over waffles, then top with your favorite white chocolate candy or white chocolate chips, and white chocolate or vanilla ice cream.
15. Sweetened Condensed Milk Waffles: Maybe the sweetest waffle here – and the easiest. Simply pour sweetened condensed milk over hot waffles.
16. Waffles With Brown Sugar Syrup: Top hot waffles with a generous drizzling of brown sugar syrup. (You could even add some cinnamon into the waffle batter.)
17. Strawberries & Cream Waffles: A dollop of whipped cream and fresh strawberries elevate that waffle. Don't forget the grated chocolate!
18. Bananas & Brown Sugar Syrup Waffles: That brown sugar syrup is right at home when you drizzle on waffles and top with fresh slices of banana.
20. Chocolate Banana & Nuts Waffles: Squirt chocolate sauce over a waffle and top with fresh sliced bananas and chopped mixed nuts.
21. Cherry Waffles: Cut fresh or frozen pitted cherries in half. Top waffles with the cherries and sweetened condensed milk, whipped cream or chocolate sauce.
22. Dulce de Leche Waffles: Pour dulce de leche over waffles, then sprinkle with chopped nuts and a big scoop of vanilla, cinnamon or caramel ice cream.
23. Strawberry Shortcake Waffles: Layer regular or mini waffles with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. The waffles take the place of the pound cake.
24. Cranberry Waffles: Tame the tart of those cranberries by adding vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce or honey.
25. Holiday White Chocolate & Peppermint Waffles: For the holidays, dip mini waffles into melted white chocolate and then into crushed peppermint candies.
Here are even more ideas:
26. Chocolate Chip Waffles: Stir chocolate chips into your waffle batter.
27. Maple Walnut Waffles: Pour pure maple syrup over hot waffles and add chopped walnuts and a scoop of butter pecan ice cream.
28. Raspberry Vanilla Waffles: Add a double dose of vanilla extract into your basic waffle batter. Top with raspberry yogurt and fresh raspberries.
29. Honey & Yogurt Waffles: Pour honey over waffles and top with Greek yogurt and chopped pecans.
30. Pina Colada Waffles: Make it a party on your waffles by adding pineapple, coconut and chopped macadamia nuts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Waffle Mixes $3 & Up
More Waffle Makers $10 & Up
Waffle Cookbooks $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.