Easy Dirty Rice Recipe: This Down & Dirty Cajun Rice Recipe Would Make Louisiana Proud by Gwen Johnson
Dirty rice is a Cajun staple that's seen on tables all across the South. Don't let its name turn you off, because this down and dirty rice dish is delish! This easy dirty rice recipe pairs well with sausage, chicken, seafood, pork or beef – or you can serve it as a main dish.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth
- chopped green onion, for garnish
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Brown the ground beef in a Dutch oven, breaking it up with a spatula as it cooks.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic and Cajun seasoning. Cook until vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and beef broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat and cook, covered, for about 20-25 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
- Let the rice sit about 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with the green onions.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dutch Ovens $10 & Up
Cajun Seasoning $3 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.