Slow-cooked Pork Chili Verde Recipe With White Beans Will Warm You Up by 30Seconds Food
The homemade pepper sauce is what makes this pork chili verde recipe special. While the pork tenderloin slow cooks in tomatillo salsa and chicken broth in the slow cooker, you prepare a sauce made poblano, anaheim and jalapeno peppers, onion, garlic, lime and cilantro. The roasted ingredients are zapped in the blender until smooth, then added to the cooked pork along with beans. Delish.
If you like more heat in this chili recipe, leave the seeds in the peppers. If not, remove the ribs and seeds. As with most chili recipes, soups and stews, this slow-cooked pork chili verde is better the next day. A bowl of this hearty soup is the perfect way to warm up on a cold night.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours
Total Time: 7 hours and 10 minutes
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 poblano peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 2 anaheim peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 1 jalapeño, halved and seeds removed
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 head garlic, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) navy beans, great northern beans or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
Here's how to make it:
- Season the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper. Put it into a slow cooker. Add the tomatillo salsa and chicken broth. Cook on low for about 6 hours.
- While the pork cooks, put the peppers, onion and garlic on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Roast in a preheated 400-degree F oven until soft and beginning to char, about 30 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Put the peppers and onion into a blender. Squeeze the garlic pulp from the skin and add it to the blender. Add the cilantro, lime juice and olive oil. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- When pork is ready, shred it with two forks. Add the verde sauce and beans. Cover and simmer on low for about 30 to 40 minutes. Serve with additional fresh cilantro.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $20 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Cannellini Beans $1 & Up
Navy Beans $1 & Up
Great Northern Beans $1 & Up
Tomatillo Salsa $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.