Easy Pork Chili Verde Recipe: Slow-cooker Pork Chili With White Beans & Homemade Verde Sauce by 30Seconds Food
The homemade pepper sauce is what makes this pork chili verde recipe special. If you like more heat, leave the seeds in the peppers.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours
Total Time: 7 hours and 10 minutes
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 poblano peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 2 Anaheim peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 1 jalapeño, halved and seeds removed
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 head garlic, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) navy beans, great northern beans or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
Here's how to make it:
- Season the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper. Put it into a slow cooker. Add the tomatillo salsa and chicken broth. Cook on low for about 6 hours.
- While the pork cooks, put the peppers, onion and garlic on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Roast in a preheated 400-degree F oven until soft and beginning to char, about 30 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Put the peppers and onion into a blender. Squeeze the garlic pulp from the skin and add it to the blender. Add the cilantro, lime juice and olive oil. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- When pork is ready, shred it with two forks. Add the verde sauce and beans. Cover and simmer on low for about 30 to 40 minutes. Serve with additional fresh cilantro.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $20 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Cannellini Beans $1 & Up
Navy Beans $1 & Up
Great Northern Beans $1 & Up
Tomatillo Salsa $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.