Beef Stew With Dumplings Recipe: This Easy Stew Recipe Can Be Made With Beef or Venison by 30Seconds Food
The secret ingredient in this beef stew recipe is the dry gravy packets. The dumplings add a little something extra.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat or cubed venison
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, each cut into chunks
- 4 packages dry brown gravy mix
- 4 cups water
- 2 potatoes, cut into chunks
Here's how to make it:
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large soup pot. Brown the beef on all sides (you may have to do this in batches). Remove to a plate.
- Heat the remaining olive oil. Add the onion and carrots. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook about 10 minutes. Put the meat back into the pot.
- Add enough water to just cover the meat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer about 2 hours, or until meat is tender.
- In a bowl, combine the dry gravy mix and the 4 cups of water until smooth. Pour this over the meat. Add the potatoes and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- While it simmers, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut the shortening into the mixture with two forks or a pastry cutter until crumbly. Add the milk and stir to form a dough.
- Drop the dumplings by rounded tablespoons full into the stew. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Pastry Cutters $6 & Up
Brown Gravy Mix $1 & Up
Shortening $3 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.