Beef Stew Recipe With Fluffy Dumplings: This Hearty Stew Recipe Can Be Made With Beef or Venison by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours and 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat or cubed venison
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, each cut into chunks
- 4 packages dry brown gravy mix
- 4 cups water
- 2 potatoes, cut into chunks
Here's how to make it:
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large soup pot. Brown the beef on all sides (you may have to do this in batches). Remove to a plate.
- Heat the remaining olive oil. Add the onion and carrots. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook about 10 minutes. Put the meat back into the pot.
- Add enough water to just cover the meat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer about 2 hours, or until meat is tender.
- In a bowl, combine the dry gravy mix and the 4 cups of water until smooth. Pour this over the meat. Add the potatoes and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- While it simmers, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut the shortening into the mixture with two forks or a pastry cutter until crumbly. Add the milk and stir to form a dough.
- Drop the dumplings by rounded tablespoons full into the stew. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Pastry Cutters $6 & Up
Brown Gravy Mix $1 & Up
Shortening $3 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.