Chocolate Cut-Out Cookies Recipe: An Easy Heart Cookie Recipe for Someone You Love by 30Seconds Food
Want to show someone your love, or create some kitchen fun with your kids? Try this easy, yummy chocolate cut-out cookie recipe. Simply delicious. Put them in a pretty tin for a fun Valentine's Day, holiday or anytime gift.
The cookie batter is made with butter, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt. The dough is refrigerated then rolled out before being cut into shapes with cookie cutters. After being baked, you can drizzle them with chocolate or decorate the cut-out cookies however you want.
Store the cookies in an airtight container to keep them fresh. This is a fun way to get kids in the kitchen and baking. Let them roll out the dough and cut the cookie shapes out. The best part? Let them get creative and decorate the cookies for their friends and family.
Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hour to chill dough
Cook Time: 10 to 11 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
Servings: Makes about 3 to 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Here's how to make it:
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine then add to the wet ingredients to form a dough.
- Divide the dough in half. Shape each half into a disc, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough to about 1/4-inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 10 to 11 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- To make the icing, melt the chocolate in the microwave until smooth. Drizzle over the cookies. Decorate with sprinkles.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cookie Sheets $6 & Up
Cookie Cutters $5 & Up
Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Sprinkles $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.