Chocolate Cut-Out Cookies Recipe: An Easy Heart Cookie Recipe for Someone You Love by 30Seconds Food
Want to show someone your love, or create some kitchen fun with your kids? Try this easy, yummy chocolate cut-out cookie recipe. Simply delicious. Put them in a pretty tin for a fun Valentine's Day, holiday or anytime gift.
Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hour to chill dough
Cook Time: 10 to 11 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
Servings: Makes about 3 to 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
Here's how to make it:
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine then add to the wet ingredients to form a dough.
- Divide the dough in half. Shape each half into a disc, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough to about 1/4-inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 10 to 11 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- To make the icing, melt the chocolate in the microwave until smooth. Drizzle over the cookies. Decorate with sprinkles.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cookie Sheets $6 & Up
Cookie Cutters $5 & Up
Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Sprinkles $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.