Father's Day Favorites: Wake Dad Up With This Chorizo & Egg Breakfast Burrito Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Breakfast is definitely the most important meal of the day when it's this easy chorizo and egg breakfast burrito recipe. Wrap in foil if you need to take breakfast with you.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pound bulk Mexican chorizo sausage
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 - 4 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup salsa or homemade pico de gallo
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and cook the onion and potato until almost soft, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the chorizo and cook until it is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Pour into a bowl and set aside. Wipe the skillet clean, if desired.
- Add the eggs and cook, stirring, until they've set. Stir the cheese. Pour the egg mixture into a bowl and wipe the skillet clean.
- To assemble the burrito, add the chorizo-potato mixture, egg, some salsa or pico de gallo and slices of avocado, if using, onto the flour tortilla. Roll the burrito up and tuck the ends end tightly.
- Put the burritos into the hot skillet and cook until browned on both sides. Slice in half and serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.