Mexican Taco Soup Recipe: This Easy Ground Beef Soup Recipe Is Calling Your Name by Donna John
Loaded with ground beef and beans, this easy Mexican ground beef taco soup recipe is a must for busy nights. And ground beef is still a relatively inexpensive ingredient and one that can be stretched to feed the family on a budget.
This ground beef soup is full of flavor and really easy to prep and cook. The ground beef and onion are cooked until the onion is soft and the meat cooked through. All the remaining ingredients are added next: diced fire-roasted tomatoes, pinto beans, diced green chiles, chicken broth, chili powder, ground cumin, lime juice and zest, and fresh chopped cilantro. The soup gently simmers on the stovetop for about 30 minutes and then it is ready to be served.
Let everyone customize their soup by putting out an array of toppings like sour cream, tortilla chips, sliced jalapeno, fresh chopped cilantro, grated cheese, sliced avocado or guacamole, chopped red onion, sliced black olives, whole kernel corn, lime wedges and pice de gallo. This is a fun recipe to change up taco night!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) diced fire-roasted tomatoes with juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (7 ounces) diced green chiles, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- sliced jalapeno
- fresh cilantro
- grated cheese
- sliced avocado
- chopped red onion
- sliced black olives
- whole kernel corn
- lime wedge
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Drain fat.
- Stir in all the remaining soup ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook about 30 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed. Serve with desired toppings.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Bowls $8 & Up
Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes $2 & Up
Pinto Beans $1 & Up
Diced Green Chiles $1 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Chili Powder $2 & Up
Cumin $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.