Subtle Spice Harissa Tahini Dip Recipe: This Tahini-based Dip Recipe Is the Perfect Dunk for Pita by 30Seconds Food
This easy harissa tahini dip recipe was created by Chef Gregg, renowned food service industry expert and self-described “tahini obsessed.” He’s joined forces with Mighty Sesame to develop and present a host of innovative, tahini-based recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 yellow onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup Mighty Sesame Harissa Tahini or your favorite tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 tablespoon flaky sea salt, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan. Add the onions and cook until caramelized. Add the garlic for the final 1-2 minutes of cooking.
- In a food processor, add harissa tahini, lemon zest and juice. Mix until smooth. Add onion and garlic mixture including oil until well mixed. At this point add in some hot water to get desired thick or thinness. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle with olive oil and flaky sea salt right before serving. Serve with warm pita or a variety of vegetables, like carrot sticks, celery sticks, red and yellow peppers, broccoli spears, asparagus spears, etc.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Food Processors $25 & Up
Tahini $4 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $5 & Up
Flaky Sea Salt $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.