Mustard Chicken Wings Recipe: These Spicy Chicken Wings Get Their Crunch the Old-fashioned Way by Gwen Johnson
Mustard lovers beware! These crunchy fried mustard-glazed chicken wings may push you over the edge. No dipping sauce required.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- poppy seeds, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make them:
- Combine the flour, seasoned salt and garlic powder in a plastic zipper bag. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the wings and shake to coat. Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate about an hour (this step is optional, but does help the coating stick to the wings).
- To make the sauce, put all the sauce ingredients into a pot. Bring to a low simmer and cook about 10 minutes.
- To fry the chicken wings, heat about 2 inches of oil in a skillet to about 350 degrees F. Cook half of the wings until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 12 to 14 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining wings.
- Put the cooked wings into a bowl and pour the sauce over. Garnish with poppy seeds, if desired. Serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Cooking Thermometer $6 & Up
Seasoned Salt $3 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $3 & Up
Yellow Mustared $1 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Hot Sauce $2 & Up
Poppy Seeds $3 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.