We all need a little more lasagna in our lives. This easy lasagna recipe makes two large pans. You can easily cut the recipe in half.
Cook Time: 35 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 to 65 minutes
- 1 box (16 ounces) lasagna noodles
- 6 cups tomato sauce (jarred or homemade)
- 8 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 - 3 pounds ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon dry minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dry minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian herbs
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- In a large pot of salted water boil the pasta 5 minutes. Pour off the hot water and fill with cold water to cool them enough to handle. Lay out the parboiled pasta flat on an oiled pan.
- Mix the ricotta with the parsley, basil, garlic, onion, dry herbs and pepper. Spoon sauce in the baking pan, spreading it to cover the bottom. Lay pasta over the sauce (cut with scissors, if necessary, to fit), then sauce, then ricotta (spread out) and then a small amount of mozzarella.
- Cover with pasta (going the opposite direction as the last layer), then sauce, and then lots of mozzarella and some Parmesan and pepper.
- Repeat the ricotta layer, and then another mozzarella and Parmesan layer.
- Chill for later or bake at 400 degrees F until bubbly and slightly browned, 30 to 40 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.