The Secret to the Crispiest Chicken Wings (The Cooking Hack Involves Water) by Donna John
Parboiling chicken wings before baking them did not sound right to me. But after trying it, the results proved me wrong. These were some of the crispiest chicken wings that I've made at home. So boiling before you bake wasn't a bad idea!
All you need to do this method is chicken wings. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add those chicken drumettes and flats. Cook for about seven minutes, then transfer to paper towels to absorb some of the water and dry the skin. Put the wings onto a baking sheet and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes. If you like, season the chicken wings before you bake.
Serve this crispy oven-baked chicken wings recipe as is with sauce on the side or toss with your favorite sauce before serving. This char siu sauce recipe was a hit with my family. Next time I'm going to season them with lemon pepper seasoning, Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning or ranch seasoning before baking.
Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- chicken wings
Here's how to do it:
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add the chicken wings, reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes. Drain.
- Put the chicken wings on paper towels and allow to sit a few minutes to absorb the water and dry the skin.
- Transfer the chicken wings to a sheet pan.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes. Turn them over and continue to bake until crisp and golden, about 7 to 10 more minutes. (This will depend on the size of your wings. Do not overcook.)
- If adding sauce, put the wings into a bowl and pour the sauce over the wings. Toss to coat.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.