Crispy Chicken Wings Recipe: The Secret to the Crispiest Chicken Wings by Donna John
Parboiling chicken wings before baking them did not sound right to me. But after trying it, the results proved me wrong.
Serve this crispy oven-baked chicken wings recipe as is with sauce on the side or toss with your favorite sauce before serving. This char siu sauce recipe was a hit with my family.
Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- chicken wings
Here's how to do it:
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add the chicken wings, reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes. Drain.
- Put the chicken wings on paper towels and allow to sit a few minutes to absorb the water and dry the skin.
- Transfer the chicken wings to a sheet pan.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes. Turn them over and continue to bake until crisp and golden, about 7 to 10 more minutes. (This will depend on the size of your wings. Do not overcook.)
- If adding sauce, put the wings into a bowl and pour the sauce over the wings. Toss to coat.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $7 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.