This Pasta With Italian Sausage, Chickpeas & Broccolini Recipe Will Earn You That Chef's Hat by 30Seconds Food
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 1- to 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound linguine, fettucine, spaghetti or your favorite pasta, cooked according to package directions (reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage (or remove casings if links)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (cannellini beans can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- fresh ricotta cheese or grated Parmesan, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the sausage and cook until browned.
- Add the garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add the broccolini to the skillet. Pour in the wine and cook until it is reduced by half, scraping up any brown bits on the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the chickpeas. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the pasta and pasta water. Cook until sauce thickens a bit.
- Add the butter, lemon zest and juice, red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese. Stir until the butter has melted. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese or a dollop of fresh ricotta cheese on top.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Chef Hats $8 & Up
Linguine $2 & Up
Fettucine $2 & Up
Spaghetti $1 & Up
Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Chickpeas $2 & Up
Cannellini Beans $1 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.