Best Carne Guisada Recipes: This Is the Easiest Carne Guisada Recipe You'll Ever Make by 30Seconds Food
Love carne guisada? If you don't have time to make Sylvia Casare's carne guisada recipe (it's a few steps, but so worth it!), try this easier version of Mexican beef stew. Serve with tortillas or over rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- chopped cilantro and chopped onion, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Brown the stew meat.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, garlic, cumin, tomato sauce, salt and pepper, to taste. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mixture. Mix well.
- Add the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is very tender. Add more salt and pepper, if needed. Garnish with chopped onion and cilantro, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Tomato Sauce $2 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.