Earthquake Cake Recipe: This Over-the-Top, Insanely-Delicious Chocolate Cake Recipe Is an Explosion of Flavors by Donna John
This over-the-top, insanely-delicious earthquake cake recipe gets its name because the ingredients shift while baking. It turns out as beautiful as it is yummy. While it's not the exact recipe from my recipe file box, the video shows you the process of this classic cake recipe.
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 box German Chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients to make it
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Here's how to make it:
- Sprinkle the coconut and chocolate chips on the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spread over the top of the coconut, pecans and chocolate chips.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar. Dollop this mixture over the top of the cake.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 45-50 minutes.
Video: TheIdeaRoom.net (YouTube)
This video is longer than 30 seconds, but we think it's worth it.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Recipe File Boxes $5 & Up
German Chocolate Cake Mixes $1 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Coconut $3 & Up
Chopped Pecans $4 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.