Rich Chocolate Peppermint Mug Cake Recipe: A Fast, Festive Holiday Dessert for One by 30Seconds Food
With some Christmas and other holiday gatherings being a lot smaller this year – and many spending it alone – here's a festive mug cake recipe for one. If you have a larger group, let everyone make their own (especially the kids). So easy and fun!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 90 seconds
Total Time: 6 minutes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
Here's how to make it:
- In a large coffee mug (at least 12 ounces), combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the milk and oil. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and crushed candy canes.
- Microwave for 90 seconds. Allow cake to rest for 2 minutes before topping with whipped cream or ice cream and additional crushed candy canes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Large Coffee Mugs $6 & Up
Candy Canes $2 & Up
Peppermint Candies $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.