Falafel Balls With Spinach & Cream Cheese Recipe: These Healthy Falafel Ball Snacks Are Serious Eats by Gwen Johnson
This easy falafel ball appetizer recipe has minimal ingredients and features fresh baby spinach with a dab of cream cheese. It's an easy, delicious appetizer or snack that you can feel good about. For vegans, simply use vegan cream cheese.
Cuisine: Middle Eastern/American
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 21 minutes
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 - 4 tablespoons flour
- oil, for cooking
- cream cheese, herb cream cheese or vegan cream cheese
- baby spinach leaves
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chickpeas, parsley, shallot, garlic and cumin in a blender or food processor. Pulse until combined but still a bit chunky. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it forms a dough. (You may not need all of the flour.) Add more salt and pepper and cumin, if needed. Refrigerate the dough about an hour.
- Roll the dough into balls.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Cook the falafel until browned on all sides and heated through, about 6 minutes. Remove and cool slightly.
- To assemble the appetizer, spread some cream cheese on a baby spinach leaf. Top with a falafel ball and then another spinach leaf. Secure with a toothpick.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Serving Platters $8 & Up
Chickpeas $1 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Cooking Oils $2 & Up
Toothpicks $3 & Up
Blenders $25 & Up
Food Processors $25 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.