12 Best Sunday Dinner Recipes: Comfort Food Takes Center Stage for Sunday Family Dinners by Donna John
Every Sunday growing up, we had a big dinner around noon either at home or at my grandma and grandma's house. Fried chicken. Veal cutlets. Pot roast. Roasted chicken. Lasagna. Comfort food was the name of the game for this meal. Why not start your own Sunday dinner tradition? Here are 12 hearty comfort food recipes to print and try. What's your favorite Sunday dinner meal? Tell us in the comments section.
1. Mississippi Pot Roast: This easy Mississippi pot roast recipe went viral – and with good reason. The recipe takes minutes to throw into a slow cooker and the payoff is a tender roast with a flavor-packed gravy. Serve over mashed potatoes or with rice to soak up the gravy.
2. Spatchcock Herbed Chicken: Spatchcock chicken is simply a chicken that's been split and flattened. Where the term "spatchcock" comes from is under debate. Flattening the chicken makes it cook faster, and adding herbs and jalapenos ups the flavor factor. The leftovers make incredible chicken salad/
3. Chicken Cassoulet: Cassoulet, a classic French stew made with beans and meat, usually takes hours to make. This one is table ready in about 30 minutes, but tastes like it has cooked all day.
5. Skillet Fried Chicken: Fried chicken recipes vary from family to family, from state to state and from culture to culture. From Korean fried chicken to southern fried chicken, to oven-baked chicken and deep-fried chicken, there’s something to please everyone in the world of fried chicken. Here’s a basic recipe for simple, skillet-fried chicken.
7. Grandma's Meatloaf: Sometimes simple is better. Less is best. This easy meatloaf recipe like my grandma used to make is the perfect example.
8. Rotisserie Chicken Pot Pie: Chicken pot pies are perfect cold-weather comfort food. Using rotisserie chicken makes the prep so much faster.
9. Dijon and Apricot-Glazed Pork Loin: Take one bite of this sweet and spicy Cajun pork loin and you’ll want to say, “Laissez les bon temps rouler!” Let the good times roll! Slice or chop leftovers for sandwiches or your favorite fried rice recipe.
10. Steakhouse Prime Rib: Preparing a mouth-watering prime rib comes down to one basic ingredient: rock salt. Here's the recipe for serving six to eight people for the ultimate Sunday dinner.
11. Brisket With Onions: If you don't feel like smoking your brisket all day, try this easy oven-baked brisket recipe. The sauce is full of flavor, the meat is super tender and the onions are a bonus.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.