Cheerful Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Recipe Dipped in White Chocolate by 30Seconds Food
Rich chocolate cookies dipped in white chocolate and then bedazzled with crushed peppermints will add sparkle to your holiday cookie tray. Not only that, but these cheerful chocolate peppermint cookie desserts will delight your taste buds. They are almost too pretty to eat (but go ahead, eat)!
Make a batch or two of these peppermint cookies to give as gifts. You cannot go wrong with anything peppermint during the Christmas season. We know you'll be getting recipe requests for these decadent dessert treats. Serve these festive cookies with coffee or tea (or other warm beverage) for the perfect mid-afternoon snack!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (divided)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of salt
White Chocolate Glaze
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil or vegetable shortening
- candy canes or peppermint candies, crushed
Here's how to make it:
- In a small pot, melt the butter and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips. Stir until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and dash of salt. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, eggs and peppermint extract. Mix well. Add the melted chocolate and stir until well combined. Add the dry ingredients. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place on cookie sheets that have been covered with parchment paper. Lightly press the cookies to flatten slightly. Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are set but centers still a little underdone. Remove from pans to cool.
- To make the white chocolate glaze, melt the white chocolate chips and coconut oil together. When the cookies are cool, dip half of the cookie into the melted chocolate and then sprinkle with the crushed candy canes. Allow the chocolate to harden before storing in airtight containers.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cookie Sheets $6 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Semisweet Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Peppermint Extract $2 & Up
Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
White Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Coconut Oil $5 & Up
Vegetable Shortening $3 & Up
Candy Canes $3 & Up
Peppermint Candies $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.