Festive Hot Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe With Marshmallow Buttercream Icing by 30Seconds Food
Rich hot chocolate cupcakes topped with a fluffy, sweet marshmallow buttercream is what you need to make this holiday season – and throughout the winter. You'll never look at hot chocolate the same way again.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 17 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 37 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 dry instant hot chocolate packet
- 1 box (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow fluff
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- mini marshmallows, chopped chocolate or chocolate chips, candy canes or candy cane spoons
Here's how to make them:
- Line muffin pans with baking liners. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the cake mix, oil, eggs, hot chocolate packet and pudding mix together with an electric mixer about 2 minutes. Pour into the muffin tins, filling 3/4 full. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool.
- While the cupcakes cool, beat together the butter, marshmallow fluff and vanilla. Slowly add in the powdered sugar and cream. Beat until fluffy.
- Pipe or mound the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes. Garnish with marshmallows and chocolate.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.