Peppermint Meringue Kisses Recipe: This Easy Christmas Candy Recipe May Get You a Smooch From Santa by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 2 to 3 hours to dry
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 3 hours and 15 minutes to 4 hours and 15 minutes
- 3 egg whites
- dash of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- red food coloring (gel food coloring works best)
Here's how to make them:
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- With a electric mixer, beat the egg whites and salt together until foamy. Add the cream of tarter and beat until soft peaks form. Continue to beat and slowly add in the sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat until stiff peaks form. Add the peppermint extract and beat until combined.
- Fit a cake decorating bag with a round cake decorating tip. Dip a small paintbrush into the red food coloring and paint lines down the sides of the bag. Fill the bag with the meringue, trying not to disturb the food coloring lines too much.
- Pipe small mounts of the meringue onto the cookie sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour. Turn off the oven and open the door for a few minutes to release some of the heat. Shut the oven door and leave the meringues in to dry, about 2 to 3 hours.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cake Decorating Bags $5 & Up
Cake Decorating Tips $4 & Up
Craft Paint Brushes $5 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Cookie Sheets $6 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Red Food Coloring $3 & Up
Food Coloring $3 & Up
Gel Food Coloring $4 & Up
Superfine Sugar $4 & Up
Cream of Tarter $3 & Up
Peppermint Extract $2 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Candy Canes $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.