Decadent Chocolate French Silk Pie Recipe Melts in Your Mouth by 30Seconds Food
French silk pie made its debut in 1951, when it was entered into the Pillsbury Bake Off by a woman named Betty Cooper. And for chocolate lovers, life would never be the same.
This easy French silk pie recipe is elevated with the addition of crumbled chocolate chip cookies. Oh, my. Must try! So easy and delicious.
This is a traditional recipe for French silk pie, which means it calls for raw eggs. If you have any concerns about foodborne illness, consider using pasteurized eggs, which have been heated so that any bacteria is likely killed. This helps to reduce the risk of foodborne illness, such as salmonella, while keeping the eggs raw. You should be able to find pasteurized eggs at the grocery store (and we think this recipe is so delicious that it just may be worth the trip)!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hours to chill
Total Time: 40 minutes plus 2 hours to chill
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 pie crust
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup real butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the pie crust in a 450-degree F oven until golden brown. Cool.
- In a pot, melt the chocolate over low heat. Cool.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer or a stand mixer, beat the butter until fluffy.
- Slowly add in the sugar and continue to beat until fluffy.
- Add the cooled chocolate and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat about 2 minutes between each addition until smooth. Pour into the pie shell.
- Refrigerate until cold and set, at least 2 hours. Top with whipped cream, chocolate curls and cookie crumbs before serving.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pie Plates $9 & Up
Pie Carriers $10 & Up
Pie Cookbooks $3 & Up
Electric Stand Mixers $40 & Up
Hand Mixers $15 & Up
Unsweetened Chocolate $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Chocolate Chip Cookies $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.