Easy Turducken Recipe: 'Tis the Season to Make This Turducken Recipe for Christmas by 30Seconds Food
A turducken is a chicken stuffed inside a duck that's stuffed inside a turkey. While that may sound complicated, it's really a pretty simple process. To make the process easier, ask your butcher to debone your chicken, duck and turkey. If that's not an option, here's a video on how to debone poultry. You will need to prepare the stuffing ahead of time so it's cold. Any stuffing will work. Make your favorite recipe or try one of these stuffing recipes:
- eggplant stuffing
- traditional bread stuffing
- cornbread stuffing
- vegan stuffing
- wild rice and quinoa herb stuffing
- conch stuffing
- oyster stuffing
- Amish mashed potato stuffing
- herb stuffing
Prep Time: 1 to 1 1/2 hours
Cook Time: 5 to 5 1/2 hours
Total Time: 6 to 7 hours
Servings: 10 to 12
For the turducken you'll need:
- 1 whole chicken, deboned
- 1 duck, deboned
- 1 turkey, deboned
- 3 - 4 cups prepared stuffing, cold
- Creole seasoning or your favorite dry seasoning
Here's how to make it:
- Season the boned chicken and boned duck with the Creole seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Cover the boned turkey with a layer of stuffing, pushing it into all the cavities to fill where the bones used to be.
- Put the duck on top of the turkey. Cover with another layer of stuffing.
- Put the chicken on top of the duck and cover it with another layer of stuffing.
- Bring the sides of the turkey up and secure with toothpicks or wooden skewers. Use kitchen string to tie the turkey and help hold it together.
- Put the turkey into a roasting pan breast side up. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake the turducken in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 4 hours, basting occasionally. Remove the cover and continue to cook 1 to 1 1/2 more hours or until a meat thermometer shows 180 degrees F in the thickest thigh section. Allow turducken to rest at least 20 minutes before carving.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Boning Knives $10 & Up
Kitchen String $3 & Up
Creole Seasoning $3 & Up
Toothpicks $4 & Up
Wooden Skewers $3 & Up
Turduckens $60 & Up
Turkey Platters $10 & Up
Aluminum Foil $3 & Up
Meat Thermometers $5 & Up
Carving Knives $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.