Creamy Sweet Potato Soup Recipe: This 20-Minute Healthy Sweet Potato Soup Is a Bowl of Yum by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- optional toppings: splash of cream, chopped chives, chopped green onions
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic and ginger and cook about 1 minute.
- Add the sweet potatoes and carrot to the pot along with the broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender or pulse in batches in a regular blender. Once blended, add the cheddar cheese and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Heat through. Garnish as desired and serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Immersion Blenders $15 & Up
Blenders $25 & Up
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.