Southern Sweet Potato Pie Recipe for Your Thanksgiving Dessert Table by 30Seconds Food
Sweet potato pie is about as southern of a pie recipe as you can get. Not to take anything away from that pumpkin pie or pecan pie, but this easy sweet potato pie recipe deserves a spot at your Thanksgiving table.
Serve this creamy pie with a dollop of whipped cream on top. Store the leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 42 to 50 minutes
Total Time: 47 to 55 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 1 single pie crust
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- dash of salt
Here's how to make it:
- Boil the sweet potatoes until tender, about 12 to 15 minutes. Drain well, return to the pot and mash until smooth. Cool.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the milk, eggs, 2 cups of the mashed sweet potatoes, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and dash of salt. Mix well.
- Pour into a pie crust. Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake 30 to 35 minutes more, or until set. Cool completely.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.