Skillet Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe Doesn't Require an Oven by 30Seconds Food
Sweet potatoes may take third seat on Thanksgiving – but only to the turkey and pumpkin pie. This easy candied sweet potato recipe doesn't require an oven, which we all know is important when cooking a big meal.
Adjust the amount of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg to fit your family's tastes. You would also use pumpkin pie spice for even more fall feels.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 50 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the ingredients in a skillet. Cook, covered and stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook until the liquid gets syrupy, about 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cast Iron Skillets $15 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Nutmeg $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.