Best Skillet Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe: Free Up Valuable Space in the Oven on Thanksgiving by 30Seconds Food
Sweet potatoes may take third seat on Thanksgiving – but only to the turkey and pumpkin pie. This easy candied sweet potato recipe doesn't require an oven, which we all know is important when cooking a big meal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 50 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Here's how to make them:
- Combine all the ingredients in a skillet. Cook, covered and stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook until the liquid gets syrupy, about 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.