How to Use Trader Joe's Chili Onion Crunch: Foodies & Chefs Share 30 Ways to Use Chili Onion Crunch From Trader Joe's by Donna John
Chili Onion Crunch found its way home with me on my last trip to Trader Joe's. The grocery store touts this condiment as "yet another condiment contender to the 'great on everything' hall of fame." The oily, crunchy condiment is made from a "smoky, savory mixture of crunchy garlic, onion, peppers and olive oil," and it really is good on almost everything.
My local foodie group was full of suggestions on how to use the condiment, and so far it has been drizzled on broccolini, rubbed on roasted potatoes and used as a dip for pork and vegetable dumplings. Here are more suggestions from the group on ways to use it. Pro tip: Store Chili Onion Crunch in the pantry – it will turn solid in the refrigerator.
How do you use Chili Onion Crunch? Tell us in the comments section!
- "Cucumbers!!! I also softened some cream cheese and mixed it into a creamy dip!" – Kimberly S.
- "I saw a post somewhere where they put in in their ramen. Looked really good." – Lori R.
- "I put it in pasta and saute it with onions and some sundried tomatoes and chopped Roma tomatoes and basil and oregano and toss over pasta, but you literally can put it on everything!!! I need more!" – Jenny S.
- "Any vegetable. Add a little olive oil, sprinkle some Chili Onion Crunch, mix together and put in the oven for 30 minutes. Broccoli, asparagus, etc." – Jesse V.
- "Eggs!" – Jamie D.
- "I use it on top of salmon and then bake it in foil!" – Sharon I.
- "I put it on my eggs all the time. I've also mixed it with cream cheese and ate it with vegetables and that was really tasty. I liked it on top of pizza. too." – Autumn H.
- "I put it on sandwiches." – Vanessa W.
- "It's good on burgers. Anything you want to spice up." – Stephen R.
- "Pour it on top or stir it into hummus." – Michael S.
- "Pasta, omelettes, chicken curry, stir fry, soups, etc. It adds zest and spice to anything." – Karim
- "Hamburgers, egg noodles, vegetables baked potatoes. Lots of stuff." – Suzanne C.
- "I put it on sandwiches and veggies." – Betsy Z.
- "Cucumber slices!" – Angie H.
- "I wonder if it would be good on some baked Brie?" – Donna Y.
- "I bought a jar two days ago. I was thinking of dipping dumplings in it!" – Susan W.
- "The obvious ... burgers." – Michelle M.
- "Fries." – Michelle R.
- "I bought some at HEB and used it last night to make dan dan noodles. It was delicious!" – Lexie S.
- "I [want to] buy one to rub all over a brisket before smoking it." – Charles O.
- "Sandwich spread." – Jennifer W.
- "On top of burgers." – Stephanie W.
- "Avocado toast!" – Stephanie C.
- "Used ours on our shrimp bowls." – Megan R.
- "I put it on grilled meats, I put it in tacos, scrambled eggs, on crispy potatoes, etc." – Megan S.
- "I put it on a spoon." – Martha M.
- "Add it to Trader Joe's miso ramen." – Patrick C.
- "Steak, pasta, tacos." – Fernanda F.
- "I use it for scrambled eggs, stir fries, noodles, with dumplings, on tacos, mixed into pizza/pasta sauce, fries, etc. It is so good!" – Monali P.
- "Al Roker [who is] on the Today show puts it in roasted vegetables after they come out of the oven!!" – Allison S.
Photo: Trader Joe's Chili Onion Crunch drizzled over broccolini.
Photo: Pork and vegetable dumplings with Trader Joe's Chili Onion Crunch.
Photo: Potatoes tossed in Trader Joe's Chili Onion Crunch and cooked in an air fryer.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
More Trader Joe's Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.