Fried Bologna Sandwiches: Don't Judge This Humble Sandwich Recipe Until You Try It by Donna John
Diamond art wasn't the only thing I discovered during the coronavirus pandemic – my husband and I rediscovered our love for fried bologna sandwiches. Needless to say, bologna was never on my shopping list, but for some reason when stocking up at the beginning of the pandemic, everything was fair game again.
For me, a fried bologna sandwich is simple: fresh white plain ol' sandwich bread (think Mrs. Baird's, Sunbeam), super-crisp fried bologna, Muenster cheese and Dijon mustard. That's it. No toasting of the bread and no fancy toppings. Serve with chips (Puffed Cheetos ups the ahhhh factor) and you're done. Here's how to make what I believe is the perfect fried bologna sandwich.
- bologna (at least 2 slices per sandwich)
- Dijon mustard, mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- optional toppings: lettuce, tomato, sliced onion, etc.
Here's how to make it:
- Cut slits on the outer edges of the bologna. (This keeps it from puffing up in the middle, a trick I learned from my grandma.)
- Put the bologna into a hot frying pan. When the first side is browned, flip them over.
- Add slices of cheese to one of the bologna slices. Top with the other piece of bologna. Fry until crisp and browned on both sides and cheese is melting out into the pan.
- Spread Dijon mustard, mayonnaise or Miracle Whip onto the bread slices. Top with the hot bologna. Add any additional toppings you desire. Serve hot.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Bologna T-shirt $25
Bologna $2 & Up
White Sandwich Bread $2 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Miracle Whip $3 & Up
Puffed Cheetos $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.