This Quick Buffalo Chicken Pasta Recipe Will Wow Your Taste Buds by Dawn Taylor
In an earlier tip, I wrote about cooking a whole chicken or turkey and using the meat for multiple meals and recipes. This buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese recipe is one I threw together after a grueling workout when I did not feel like cooking anything at all! I knew I had some chicken in the fridge leftover from a whole chicken and I quickly grabbed some readily available items in my fridge and cupboard to make what was an awesome pasta I will surely make again.
Mine was a meal for one, so the recipe here will be for four people. You can adjust accordingly for fewer or more people. It’s the type of meal that exact measurements aren’t going to be necessary. This was one of the quickest and easiest pastas I’ve made and it was super yummy!
- 1/2 cup of Frank’s RedHot Wing Sauce or your favorite buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 8-ounce box elbow macaroni or your favorite pasta, cooked according to package directions (do not rinse after draining)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- boneless cooked chicken, cut into small pieces
Here's how to make it:
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine the wing sauce, salt, pepper, garlic, broth, olive oil and onion salt. Stir well. Heat about a minute and set aside.
- In a large pot, combine the cooked pasta and sauce. Cook on low heat about 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Add chicken and cook about 2 more minutes. Add Parmesan cheese right before serving.
- You can buy precooked rotisserie chicken at most grocery stores and Walmart.
- Canned chicken (drained) would work in a pinch.
- Add veggies or other spices to suit your preferences.
- I love spicy food, but if you want to tone it down, you can use mild buffalo sauce and can add a little melted cream cheese or ranch dressing to lessen the kick. There are many no-name brands of wing sauce, and many levels of heat.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Elbow Macaroni $1 & Up
Dried Pasta $1 & Up
Franks RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce $3 & Up
Buffalo Wing Sauce $2 & Up
Onion Salt $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Chicken Stock $1 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.