20-Minute Creamy Chicken Casserole Recipe With Zucchini, Corn & Tomatoes Is Delightful by Donna John
Creamy and popping with flavor, this easy chicken casserole recipe is ready in about 20 minutes. With fresh thyme, dill Havarti cheese and a crunchy lemony topping, it's a little fancier than most chicken casserole recipes. One bite will have you hooked!
Zucchini, fresh corn off the cob, garlic and grape tomatoes are cooked in a skillet until soft and golden. Cream, cooked chicken, dill-flavored Harvarti cheese and fresh thyme join in until you have a creamy, tasty combination of flavors. A topping of panko and lemon zest is sprinkled on and then the casserole gets a quick trip under the boiler until golden brown. So easy!
Not a fan of tomatoes? Substitute red bell pepper, mushrooms, broccoli or your favorite vegetable. If you don't have leftover cooked chicken, you could brown about half a pound of ground chicken and use that instead. This chicken casserole recipe is a complete meal, but you could add a fresh garden salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested (reserve remaining for another use)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ears corn on the cob, shucked
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups whipping cream, heavy cream or milk of choice
- 2 cups shredded, cooked leftover chicken (can use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup shredded dill Havarti cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Here's how to make it:
1. Cut the kernels off the corn cobs. Run the back of your knife down the bare cobs to release as much corn milk as possible. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in an ovenproof skillet. Add the zucchini and cook until it begins to lightly brown.
2. Add the corn, tomatoes and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the cream and cook until it begins to slightly thicken, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Turn off the heat and add the chicken, Havarti cheese and thyme. Mix well.
5. Combine the panko, olive oil and lemon zest in a bowl.
6. Sprinkle the topping over the casserole. Pop it under the broiler for a couple of minutes to brown the top. Serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cast Iron Skillets $15 & Up
Panko Breadcrumbs $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Dried Thyme $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Use a thin, sharp knife to slit the on-cob corn kernels through the center of each kernel. Use the back of the knife to scrap the milk from the broken kernels by running the knife back down the cob corn rows. Catch milk in a bowl.
You can then either cut the broken kernels from the cob or use another ear or two of corn and cut the whole kernels from that cob and add to the recipe.