20-Minute Creamy Chicken Casserole Recipe: This One-Pan Chicken Recipe Raises the Bar by Donna John
Creamy and popping with flavor, this easy chicken casserole recipe is ready in about 20 minutes. With fresh thyme, dill Havarti cheese and a crunchy lemony topping, it's a little fancier than most chicken casserole recipes. Not a fan of tomatoes? Substitute red bell pepper, mushrooms, broccoli or your favorite vegetable.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested (reserve remaining for another use)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ears corn on the cob, shucked
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups whipping cream, heavy cream or milk of choice
- 2 cups shredded, cooked leftover chicken (can use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup shredded dill Havarti cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Here's how to make it:
1. Cut the kernels off the corn cobs. Run the back of your knife down the bare cobs to release as much corn milk as possible. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in an ovenproof skillet. Add the zucchini and cook until it begins to lightly brown.
2. Add the corn, tomatoes and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the cream and cook until it begins to slightly thicken, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Turn off the heat and add the chicken, Havarti cheese and thyme. Mix well.
5. Combine the panko, olive oil and lemon zest in a bowl.
6. Sprinkle the topping over the casserole. Pop it under the broiler for a couple of minutes to brown the top. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.