This Classic Monte Cristo Sandwich Recipe Elevates Ham & Cheese to the Next Level by 30Seconds Food
You also could use a little deli turkey breast in place of the ham – or use both! If you want to reduce the carbs, use only two slices of bread per sandwich. Monte Cristo sandwiches are sometimes served with strawberry jelly. Yum!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 6 slices white bread
- Swiss cheese
- deli ham
- yellow mustard
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 - 4 tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Spread mayonnaise on two slices of the bread. Top with a slice of cheese and a couple pieces of ham.
- Add the second slice of bread. Top with mustard. Add a couple slices of ham and another slice of cheese. Finish with the third slice of bread on top.
- Press the sandwich gently to flatten a bit. Carefully cut off the crusts (this helps seal the sandwich for frying).
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in a bowl. Dip the sandwiches into the mixture to coat.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat. Cook the sandwiches about 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sandwich Cookbooks $3 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Mayonnaise $2 & Up
Yellow Mustard $1 & Up
White Bread $2 & Up
Strawberry Jelly $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.