20-Minute Broken Chinese Pork Dumplings Recipe Turns Dumplings Inside Out by Donna John
This dish is my take on Martha Stewart's Inside-Out Pork Dumplings recipe. With the addition of more pork, hoisin and soy sauce, this easy ground pork recipe packs quite a flavor punch – and really does taste like a pork dumpling exploded.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (I used 3 cubes of Dorot Gardens crushed ginger)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce, or to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce, or to taste (optional)
- black pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces fresh wonton wrappers, cut in half or thirds
Here's how to make it:
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the red pepper flakes, garlic, ginger and green onions. Cook, stirring, until green onions are tender, about 1 minute.
- Add the pork and cook, breaking it up into small pieces, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bok choy, cover and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, white vinegar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and black pepper, to taste.
- Drop the wonton wrappers into the boiling water. Cook about 1 minute, or until al dente. Drain. Add the wontons to the skillet.
- Toss to combine. Serve. Garnish with additional chopped green onions, if desired.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Woks $20 & Up
Large Skillets $15 & Up
Chopsticks $4 & Up
Cooking Oil $2 & Up
Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
White Vinegar $2 & Up
Hoisin Sauce $3 & Up
Lite Soy Sauce $2 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
Wonton Wrappers $3 & Up
Sriracha $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.