Best Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe: My Grandma's Creamy Lemon Pie Recipe With Perfect Meringue by Donna John
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 baked 9-inch pie crust
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
Here's how to make it:
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in the water until smooth. Stir in the egg yolks. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat. Add the lemon peel, lemon juice and butter. Mix well. Spoon the filling into the baked pie crust.
- With an electric mixer, beat egg whites on high until foamy. Gradually beat in the sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread the meringue over the pie filling to completely cover.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool then refrigerate.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.