Caramelized Chicken & Shallots Recipe: This Asian Chicken Recipe Is Ready in About 20 Minutes by Donna John
Sweet, sticky, tangy with a little heat, this caramelized chicken recipe has it all. The one-pan recipe is incredibly easy and quick to prepare – you don't even brown the chicken. You'll be planning when you're going to make it again as you eat it.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large shallot, sliced thin
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (I used 1 cube of Dorot Gardens crushed ginger)
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 fresh Thai chile, chopped, (I used a red jalapeno)
- chopped cilantro, chopped green onions and chopped hot pepper, for garnish
- cooked jasmine rice or white rice
Here's how to make it:
Combine all the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
Turn the heat to high and simmer, stirring often, until the chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened, darkened and caramelized, about 10 minutes. Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro, green onions and chopped hot pepper.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Woks $25 & Up
Large Frying Pans $15 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Fish Sauce $2 & Up
Rice Vinegar $3 & Up
Jasmine Rice $3 & Up
White Rice $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.