Easy Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Recipe: How to Make the Best Pesto Rosso With Rosemary by Gwen Johnson
Basil pesto may have some competition! This easy sun-dried tomato pesto, also called pesto rosso, is divine stirred into pasta, on toasted baguette slices, with vegetables or spooned onto seafood, chicken or beef.
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained (save the oil to use in other recipes)
- 1/3 cup unsalted almonds
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- Put all the ingredients into a blender or food processor. Pulse until you reach desired consistency.
- Pour into an airtight container. Serve room temperature and refrigerate any leftovers. (Bring back to room temperature before serving if not being added to a recipe.)
Note: If using sun-dried tomatoes not packed in oil, increase the olive oil to about 1 cup.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sun-dried Tomatoes in Oil $4 & Up
Unsalted Almonds $5 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Sun-dried Tomatoes $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.