This Grilled Queso Dip Recipe Will Make You MVP of Labor Day by Donna John
Every foodie group is talking about it: smoked queso. It's definitely a hot food trend you need to try! This queso recipe is cooked outside on your grill, preferably with wood in a smoker. But if a charcoal grill or gas grill is all you have, you'll still be a happy camper after that first tortilla chip gets dunked.
Mix, match, omit and change the ingredients to suit your family's tastes. This easy queso recipe is sure to be the hit at your next get-together.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 to 2 hours
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours to 2 1/2 hours
Servings: 12 plus
- ground beef, chorizo or breakfast sausage, cooked
- Velveeta, cubed
- hard cheese, cubed (pepper-jack, monterey jack, cheddar, mozzarella, etc.)
- cilantro, chopped
- onion, chopped
- tomato, chopped
- poblano pepper, chopped
- fresh jalapenos, chopped
- pickled jalapenos
- garlic, minced
- fire-roasted tomatoes or tomatoes with green chiles (plus liquid)
- milk or cream, to thin (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef. You can not season, add spices or a package or two of taco seasoning mix. (I used Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix)
- Put all the ingredients into a large aluminum pan.
- Place the pan on your heated grill. Close the lid and allow it to start melting.
- Once it starts to melt, stir. Continue to cook.
- When everything is hot and melted, add some milk or cream (or more liquid from the tomatoes or even some juice from the pickled jalapenos) to get it to desired consistency. Serve with tortilla chips.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Gas Grills $40 & Up
Charcoal Grills $30 & Up
Smokers $50 & Up
Large Aluminum Foil Pans $3 & Up
Velveeta $7 & Up
Rotel $3 & Up
Fire-Roasted Tomateos $2 & Up
Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Tortilla Chips $2 & Up
Pickled Jalapenos $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.