Honey Sesame Cookies Recipe: This Easy Cookie Recipe Is the Bee's Knees by Elisa A. Schmitz 30Seconds
We have an older neighbor who is a beekeeper and a master gardener. He has several hives in his backyard, and as you pass by his house, you can see the bees buzzing by, going about their very important work of pollinating the beautiful flowers in his garden. His bees are so productive that our neighbor is able to make many jars of honey each summer, which he sells to passersby.
Last summer, we bought several jars of his honey. He gave us his family recipe for Honey Sesame Cookies, which are simply delightful. I have modified the recipe to our taste, and so it can be made gluten free.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup additional butter
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour (we use gluten-free flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Here's how to make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet, over low heat, brown the sesame seeds in 1/4 cup butter. Stir constantly to prevent burning then cool thoroughly.
- Cream 1/2 cup butter with the honey. Add egg and vanilla, then beat well. Add sesame seeds. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt, then add that to the mixture. Mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are brown around the edges. Enjoy with a cup of milk, tea or coffee.
The Bee's Knees: of excellent or very high quality
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Honey Jars $4 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Sesame Seeds $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
All-Purpose Flour $3 & Up
Gluten-free Flour $4 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Salt $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.