Quick Cheesy Chips & Chicken Taco Casserole Recipe Has a Secret Ingredient by Donna John
When this tasty recipe was first my menu rotation, the onion and poblano were added raw. My husband wasn't a fan of the crunch, so I added the step of cooking them before adding to the rest of the ingredients.
I used taco-flavored Doritos, but if you can't find them, substitute nacho cheese, ranch or plain.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken (I boiled one whole chicken)
- 7 ounces taco-flavored chips (about half a large bag)
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper or bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the butter or olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and poblano pepper and cook until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. (This step can be omitted.) Combine the onions and peppers, chips, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, green chiles, broth and chopped cilantro, if using. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour into a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Top with the cheese. (I also topped with some sliced, fresh jalapenos.) Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Chopped Green Chiles $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Cream of Mushroom Soup $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.