Easy Cabbage Rolls Recipe: Start the Week With This Ground Beef Cabbage Roll Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Who invented the cabbage roll is up for debate. The Greeks, Albanians, Bulgarians, Croats and Turks all believe they should get the credit for the rolling of cabbage. We'll let them work that out among themselves while we eat them.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- 1 head cabbage, about 3 pounds
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce (divided)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill or dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the head of cabbage in boiling water until the leaves start to release. Carefully remove from the water and carefully pull off 12 leaves. Set aside. Shred the remaining cabbage and put into a baking dish.
- Combine the ground beef, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, onion, uncooked rice, parsley flakes, dill and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well.
- To make rolling the rolls easier, cut out the large vein from the cabbage leaves. Put about 1/4 cup of the ground beef mixture onto the leaves. Fold in the sides and then roll up. Place the cabbage rolls on top of the sliced up cabbage in the baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the diced tomatoes and remaining tomato sauce. Pour over the cabbage rolls. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 1/2 hours.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $1 & Up
Long-Grain Rice $2 & Up
Parsley Flakes $3 & Up
Dried Dill $3 & Up
Cayenne $3 & Up
Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.