Grilled Chicken Skewers Recipe With Homemade Tzatziki Dip Is Clean-Eating Made Delicious by 30Seconds Food
"The truth is, we use our barbecue year round, but it just seems more fun when you can sit out on the patio and enjoy the weather while cooking!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "I really hope these skewers become a 'regular' at your house this summer."
Serve these easy grilled chicken skewers with the tzatziki dip, lemon wedges and your favorite fresh chopped veggies.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon each)
- 1 cup plain whole Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup seeded, grated cucumber
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- lemon wedges, chopped tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, bell peppers, red onion, etc.
Here's how to make it:
- Start by making your tzatziki dip. Combine all ingredients in a bowl/jar, taste test, adjust as desired, then refrigerate until ready to use.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 20 minutes before cooking to prevent burning. Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- In a medium bowl, add your chicken pieces and sprinkle with oregano, thyme, cayenne, sea salt and pepper, then drizzle with oil. Toss and stir well to coat.
- Thread two to three pieces of chicken onto each skewer. Arrange them on the grill with some space in between each skewer.
- Close the grill lid and cook for about 7 minutes until chicken is cooked through, flipping them a couple of times during cooking time.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Outdoor BBQ Grills $30 & Up
Wooden Skewers $4 & Up
Metal Skewers $6 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Avocado Oil $6 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Cayenne $3 & Up
Dried Oregano $2 & Up
Sea Salt $3 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.