Mother's Day Brunch Recipes: Farm Fresh Egg & Sausage Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe by Mee McCormick
This is a great brunch recipe that looks beautiful on the plate. In Pinewood, we make our own sausage with a touch of fennel. The reason for the fennel is it’s a digestive aid and lends a complementary flavor to pork. I make my sausage ahead of time and store it in the fridge until I’m ready to make breakfast or brunch. You can use any type of sausage you’d like.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 medium red or yellow bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled pork, turkey or vegan sausage
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet or dish with parchment paper and arrange the peppers on top, cavity side up.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and black pepper. Stir in the scallions and sausage.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the bell pepper halves and bake for 45 minutes. Garnish with fresh scallions. Serve alongside a small mixed greens salad, if desired. Makes 2 to 4 servings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sea Salt $2 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.