Brunch Recipes: How to Make Farm Fresh Egg & Sausage Stuffed Bell Peppers by Mee McCormick
This is a great brunch recipe that looks beautiful on the plate. In Pinewood, we make our own sausage with a touch of fennel. The reason for the fennel is it’s a digestive aid and lends a complementary flavor to pork. I make my sausage ahead of time and store it in the fridge until I’m ready to make breakfast or brunch. You can use any type of sausage you’d like.
- 4 medium red or yellow bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled pork, turkey or vegan sausage
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet or dish with parchment paper and arrange the peppers on top, cavity side up.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and black pepper. Stir in the scallions and sausage.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the bell pepper halves and bake for 45 minutes. Garnish with fresh scallions. Serve alongside a small mixed greens salad, if desired. Makes 2 to 4 servings.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sea Salt $2 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.