Quick 5-Ingredient Char Siu Sauce Recipe Will Be the Star of the Show by Donna John
When I made Chef Hiroaki Mitsui's quarantine ramen recipe, my protein of choice was pork. To add flavor to the pork chops, they were marinated a few hours in this homemade char siu sauce. Amazing! They were the star of the dish.
Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes if using as sauce
Total Time: 5 minutes if using as sauce
Servings: Makes about 1 cup
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used lite soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons sherry cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice powder
Here's how to make it:
- If using for a marinade, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Pour over your protein and allow to marinate for a few hours before cooking.
- If using as a sauce, combine all ingredients in a small pot and bring to a simmer. Serve warm as a dipping sauce.
Photo: The pork chops after being cooking in this homemade char siu sauce.
Photo: The pork sliced on top of homemade quarantine ramen.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Hoisin Sauce $3 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Lite Soy Sauce $3 & Up
5 Spice Powder $3 & Up
Sherry Cooking Wine $3 & Up
Char Siu Sauce $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.